Thursday, November 3, 2016

I forgot how fun and mysterious writing can be...

One of my characters walked into her room with a new friend. I described her room as having every surface covered with mirrors. Mirrors in fancy frames. Mirrors in plain frames. Mirrors without frames. Old mirrors. New mirrors. None cracked, but some well worn where the backing was scratched off in places.

Then, just for fun, I did a search for, "Room of mirrors."

There were great fun house images. So many shiny, beautiful images. There was also this one:



Not quite what I had pictured, but strangely close. My character's room wasn't blue and it was decorated. But a room of mirrors nonetheless.

What an amazing process writing can be. It's particularly fun to me when you let the universe, your brain, or whatever it is, play and have its own way.

I hope you're having a great week.


1 comment: