Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Montano's "Essential Stitch Guide"

I've never read an embroidery book in my life.

My mother taught me how to knit and crochet when I was seven, but she never embroidered.

It's fun to start something new.

I just raided my library for every book I could find there about embroidery and I found this book:

Essential Stitch Guide by Montano


I'm considering turning my "thread doodles" into a sampler.

Normally, how-to books in ebook format don't work for me. The illustrations are just too   small. This book, however, works great for me even on my tablet. It'll keep me busy with "180 stitches and 70 combinations."

Not to mention, it's a lovely book.

Thank you for the kind email and comments. Welcome, Liz Ackert. Your blog, I'm Going to Texas, is so much fun. I love your patches and I look forward to working my way back through your blog and enjoying each one of them.

Aloha and Happy Holidays to you.

Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou
(Merry Christmas and Happy New Year)

And here's an explanation of the Origin of Celebrating Christmas in the Hawaiian Islands.





3 comments:

  1. Hunter - Thank you so much for this warm and generous welcome. I too looking both forward and back as I follow your blog journey.

    Wishing you peace, Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, let's try that again.

      I too "will be" looking both forward and back ...

      Delete
  2. Hi Hunter...what a lovely book. I will have to check the local library. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete