Tuesday, January 10, 2017



I wanted a little raised center for the flower. I learned a few things:

  • It's very hard to rip out teeny, tiny beads once they're firmly attached.
  • Tweezers would be a handy thing to have near you when you're picking out tiny threads after you snip teeny, tiny beads loose.
  • It's fun to just play with the thread since you might accidentally figure out a way to make what you wanted without thinking about it too much.
I also noticed this week that working 10 hour days 9 days in a row does not make it easy to spend time doing anything but staring into space.

It was hard for me to work on the project, but I really felt better after I got started. The soothing rhythm of stitching is so soothing. And even though it's not much, it felt good to accomplish something I could touch. Much better than mindlessly playing computer games.

I hope you're having a great week.

2 comments:

  1. This post is a wonderful reflection ... lessons learned this way are usually the ones that stay with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imperfections can be charming. This project seems to be a journey. Set aside perfectionism and move ahead?

    ReplyDelete