Thursday, January 12, 2017

Lace Sampler Patterns

Thank you for your kind words about my lace sampler. The thread was Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace. Jaggerspun Zephyr is the same thread for a less expensive price. Helen's Lace is hand-dyed.

Both are 50% Merino and 50% Tussah silk. I used size US 2 needles.

There are 6 panels of 15 different patterns. There was a total of 91 different lace patterns in the sampler. They all came from Susanna Lewis's Knitting Lace.

Here are a few of the patterns in panel one:
I loved the project so much. It was one of those projects where I loved the finished product, but wished the project could go on forever.

If you do like lace knitting, I highly recommend the book. The patterns were gleaned from a 19th century lace sampler in the Brooklyn Museum.

If you like, I'll occasionally post additional patterns from the sampler. Just ask.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are absolutely stunning ... both the knitting and the photos!

    And I know what you mean about not wanting a project to end ... I'm dragging my feet on finishing a project right now myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this work is stunning! So soft and delicate. I posted on my blog today regarding thread storage (or, lack there of!).

    ReplyDelete