Sunday, February 19, 2017

About my home town...

I love about hearing about the places where others live. Especially the few who visit my quiet, little blog. It's so fun to see what other people see when they look out their windows. I'm not very good about sharing here. I'm working on seeing it with "fresh" eyes. We've lived here for 18 years and I guess I'm getting a little spoiled.

We live on the South shore of Maui. Maui is a really interesting place. We have jungle, mountainous areas, country areas that are very rural, posh areas, and everything in between, including many, many, many beaches since we're a little rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The South shore of Maui has, what I think, are the best beaches on Maui. I live across the street from a small beach:



Here's Keawakapu beach down the road. It's one of my favorite beaches:



We have lots of free roaming chickens. Most are jungle fowls:




 Haleakala, a sleeping volcano, watches over us:



Occasionally, Kihei gets a rainbow. We're in the "desert" part of the island. At least it was the desert part until developers brought water down from upcountry:


 What does it look like where you live?

Aloha,


10 comments:

  1. What a great post and what a glorious place to live! Thank you for sharing it.

    LOL. You know what my beach looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach is so beautiful. My mind still can't imagine snow with beach. I wonder if I ever will. Lol

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of it was very white sand?

      Delete
    2. Very white sand! Thank you for the laugh...and it really does help my confused brain.

      Delete
  3. oh wow beautiful place thanks for sharing photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard how beautiful your part of the country is and I've enjoyed the pics on your blog. It's so amazing to see pics from all over the planet. I do so love the Internet.

      Delete
  4. Where I live (in the middle of the UK) is definitely not as pretty as this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Kara. Oh the history you have it your part of the world. I bet you have so many amazing things in your home town.

      We have snails in huge shells. We have slimy slugs, too. See, we already have another thing in common besides enjoying slow and steady quilting. Lol

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your piece of the world ... I sighed as I read "I live across the street from a small beach."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sighed when I saw your pic of quiet peacefulness from your home. I could almost hear the leaves rustling. We have tons of people visiting right now. May I borrow a cup of quiet, please?

      Thank you for visiting.

      Delete