Thursday, February 23, 2017

Another front yard favorite

Another of my favorite trees is a Singapore Plumeria. Imagine an evergreen tree covered in bunches of these lovely, white flowers with bright yellow centers. This tree lives right next to the yellow Hisbiscus I posted yesterday, so they are quite a pair.


There are tons of varieties of plumeria. Each variety has its own, unique scent.

The Singapore is the smelliest of the group. Its scent is heavy and powerful. When a tree is in full bloom, you can smell it a half block away.

The scent reminds me of a mix of gardenia and magnolia.

My tree isn't in full blown right now. I'll snap a pic when it is.

I hope you're having a great day.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful-do your flowers bloom all year long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Kathy.

      Since it's one big, long summer day here, almost everything blooms all throughout the year.

      This is one of my favorite sites with information about our plants. The menu lists plants by color and it really helps since I'm constantly seeing new-to-me flowers even though I've been here 18 years.

      http://wildlifeofhawaii.com/flowers/

      Thank you for visiting.

      Hunter

      Delete
    2. thank you much-I was thinking that but wasn't sure off to check it out

      Delete
  2. So beautiful...my Maui sketchbook, from my only visit years ago is full of sketches and paintings of the delightful flowers there. [and whales!].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your sketches. It's whale season now and I've only seen two. I must get back to the beach. Thank you for the reminder.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful...my Maui sketchbook, from my only visit years ago is full of sketches and paintings of the delightful flowers there. [and whales!].

    ReplyDelete