Friday, February 24, 2017

It's Ravioli time...

Progress continues on ravioli for the Ravioli quilt.



I've added more shades of blue and green. I still have additional shades I'm going to add.

I've been playing with the numbers, and I need about 380 ravioli for a quilt large enough to cover our Cal King bed. Good thing I'm enjoying the process. Touching blues and greens makes me so happy. I can feel any stress just melt away. I was considering adding some contrasting colors, but I've decided against it.

The ravioli count? A fine 44. I am going to practice this weekend putting a few together with the sewing machine. I want to be able to use the machine to put the squares together at the end.

I am considering making sections and sewing the backing to the sections and then sewing them together. It's kind of fun to do things I wouldn't do if I was giving the quilt away. This one is just for us!

I don't use exclamation points or capital letters very often. It might have something to do with it being FRIDAY!

I hope you have a great weekend.


8 comments:

  1. Blues and greens are my favorite colors too-I have added a few but i always go back to those. happy weekend- we are cold here today and very gusty winds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha, Kathy.

    I've added a few, too, but I decided since I'm actually keeping this one I'd do what I pleased. lol.

    Wish I could send some warmth your way.

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! My fave too. Let me know if you want/ need some smallish contributions , I have quite a nice selection of blue batiks. Tho sadly the main part of my blues stash is still missing. Might be fun to have a few strangers to mix in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha. So nice to see you. What a nice offer. Thank you. I bet I will take up your offer about ravioli 200. I will probably really need the encouragement of fresh colors. I hope you're having a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. It's always nice to please yourself! I love the blues and greens; it will be a lovely restful quilt to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kara. I appreciate your encouragement. Thank you also for visiting.

      Delete
  5. I can understand your thought to add different colors, but you have so many different values of blues and greens that I don't think it would enhance your color palette. I used to make large quilts, but have cut back in size to minis. Seeing these beautiful colors, and reading your plan makes me long to do one again. Are they all batiks? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Barbara. It's so nice of you to visit.

      The fabrics are all batiks. When I de-stashed several years ago, I kept my batiks and a few favorites that I just could not give away.

      I'm hand sewing this morning and it's setting the tone of my whole weekend...something I truly appreciate.

      Thank you again for visiting. I'm looking forward to reading your blog today.

      Delete