Saturday, February 25, 2017

Kaja, this is all your fault...

Because of your beautiful quilt, my mind will not let me turn loose of these colors until I use them in some way:


My only salvation will be to use them in a small embroidery piece rather than waiting until I finish my Ravioli Quilt.

It was the yellow that got me. I'm so sorry that I promised myself that I would only make one quilt at a time. Dear Lizzy, this may drive me to use my sewing machine.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.





P.S. - I tried to track down the person who owns this image and fell down a series of Pinterest rabbit holes. If it belongs to you, or someone you know, please let me know so I can give proper credit.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome color combination! I'm eager to see the piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a different color scheme for me. I think I used yellow as an accent color in a quilt about 10 years ago. (It might have been more orange, however.) Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I m filling my house with yellow daffs and forsythia, nothing says springtime like sunshine yellow. Could you scatter a few yellow ravs in the puffer quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to, but I think I'll go with the water look. Besides, by the time I do the yellow embroidery, I'll probably be tired of yellow. lol

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sorry! I love this inspiration picture, and the blues/blue-greens in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This project is born from your beautiful quilt. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete