Saturday, February 4, 2017

What is that?

Have you ever decided you wanted to learn something, and you knew right away it wasn't as easy as the teacher made it look?

I knew Shgufta Fyms made her embroidered butterfly look much easier than it was. I'm not going to show you what her butterfly looks like. You can check out her work by clicking on the above link.

I was right about her skill and my lack thereof.

Here's my first butterfly:
Let's put it this way. I showed Dear Husband what I had made and he said, "Oh, that's pretty. What is it?" There are a couple of things I like about it. The original doesn't have a head and I liked my French Knots.

Here's my second butterfly:
 The wings are better. The antennae are a little strange.

My third butterfly:
One of the front wings is wonky. There's no head. And the left antenna reminded me of a previous learning outcome when I discovered why they call a French Knot a French Knot.

I need to make about 100 more butterflies to get one the way I want. Can you imagine someone looking at my practice cloth and saying, "Why are there 100 wonky butterflies on her cloth?"

Since it's a wonderful Saturday, I'm going to treat myself and cut blue squares for my Ravioli Quilt and then come back to the butterflies.

What a fun day!

I hope you're having a great day, too.


2 comments:

  1. Your "flutter byes" are adorable! The first and third look as tho they are dancing. The second one is saying "Ta Da!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your butterflies are charming.

    ReplyDelete