Sunday, March 26, 2017

100 Ravioli

Sounds like an Italian restaurant menu item.

I have not purposely picked out colors before I have cut them at all, so I was surprised they spread out so well. I have many blue fabrics left. The greens will not be so prominent in the ending layout.

I'm enjoying this project so much. Hand sewing is so relaxing.

This is a three-day weekend for us. It's Prince Kūhiō Day. Today we're driving up to Lahaina to visit the one remaining bookstore on the island (Barnes and Noble). It's about 30 minutes up to the west side of the island.

I hope you're having a great weekend.


6 comments:

  1. How well they look once spread out is your subconscious talent for composition at work! I felt these colors would be beautiful together. Hand-sewing? Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Barbara.

      Wish I could take credit for the color composition. Honestly, here's the story.

      I de-stashed several years ago. There were some fabrics I just couldn't give away. I kept most of my batiks. Most of those were shades of blue and green.

      I had envisioned an "ocean" sort of quilt for a very long time. I saw a picture of a "puff" quilt and off I went. They have been called many things. Sometimes they are also called biscuit quilts.

      Mine is a mix of several techniques I found.

      I am hand assembling all the "ravioli." I'm going to join them on the sewing machine since I want to learn how to use the thing.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Hunter

      Delete
  2. This quilt is going to be so pretty-love your colors, I think it will look like the ocean when it is all put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Kathy. Thank you for visiting. I've been wanting to make an "ocean" quilt since we moved here. Something about being on this little rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean inspired me. lol.

      More about how I imagine this quilt next post.

      Thanks again for visiting.

      Hunter

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Wow, it took me way too long to say thank you.

      I really do appreciate you visiting.

      Aloha
      Hunter

      Delete