Sunday, March 5, 2017

A project that sings to you...

I forgot what it was like to love a project. To look, and tilt, and stare at it. To stay out of the way and let it be.

The vase, which was a mystery to me, is the way I want it for now.

Next up? Vines and leaves. Vines and leaves I have no idea how to make. In colors that have nothing to do with green.

The challenge now? Using what I have. Not buying anything until I'm out of my last thread and my last piece of fabric.

You can't probably see much, but I wanted to share a pic just because this project makes me happy. I wish I could take a picture that shows the project better.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.
Edit:
Emme asked to see a closer view of the vase. This is the best I can get. I have no idea why this project is so hard to photograph. I think all the yellow is whacking out the camera. It's funny, though. As I added the orange tones, the camera calmed down about the yellow. So funny.

10 comments:

  1. I Love this! the colors are perfect too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha and thank you, Kathy. I've ripped out two tries at vines. I'll know I'll keep stitching and the right thing will appear sooner or later. lol

      Delete
  2. Hunter...this is SOOOOOOO lovely! Such delicate colors. No wonder you love this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Sue, and thank you. I've been ripping away at two tries at vines. Thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. This is so free and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comment. The word "free" hadn't come into my mind, but it's a great word for the project. I'm having a time with the vines and leaves, but it's a fun time.

      It feels good to experiment and it doesn't make me feel sad to rip things out that don't please me. For me, it's the journey, rather than the destination.

      Hugs and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Lovely, Hunter! I'm excited to see how you interpret the vines and leaves. They take on different hues as they develop in real life, so you can play with that thought. I admire this so much, and making you happy is the truest of tests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. Your thought of the changing colors of the vines does help very much. I'm having quite the time with them. Your encouragement helps so much.

      Delete
  5. Such a challenge ... to use up what one has. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I must admist, Most of my "stash" of everything is over 10 years old. Time to use it up and get fresh stuff. lol.

      Thanks for visiting and for your encouragement.

      Delete