Thursday, April 6, 2017

Attitude adjustment...

When work gets a little nuttier than usual, it requires extra effort for me to leave it all at work.

Making a cup of tea when I get home, and setting this friend out where I'm sitting, always helps:
Once upon a time, I made bears to sell. All of them were out of 100% wool. Leilani (Heavenly Flowers) is the only one I made out of polyester as a practice bear.

I fell in love with her.

It's amazing, every bear had his or her own face. No two were alike. 

They were crocheted in pieces and then the loops were cut and brushed out. They were very labor intensive and trying to charge for them wasn't worth it. So I started giving them away.

All but Leilani.

Do you have something you've made that never fails to make you smile?

I hope you're having a great week.

7 comments:

  1. Almost everything I've made makes me smile, but what I enjoy most is when I laugh out loud wondering "What was I thinking?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's also fun when you get out a bunch of old stuff and say, "I don't remember making that."

      I've got a very small stash and I have a few fabrics that I know I must have used for backs. I have no idea which quilt I used them for. Something long gone for sure!

      Thank you for visiting, Barbara. I hope you're having a great day.

      Hunter

      Delete
  2. Leilani is a sweetie. I would have a hard time parting with her, as well. Blessings to you and DH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your nice words about Leilani. Also, it's so nice of you to stop by and visit.

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leilani is lovely! My sister's middle name is Leilani.
    Aloha to you!

    ReplyDelete