Monday, April 17, 2017

"Beware of the Blob"...

Aloha, and welcome this fine Monday.

First, I often forget that not everyone watched the ancient "Friday Night Creature Feature" movie program, or Saturday morning science fiction movies.

The Blob is a movie made in 1958 about a creature from outer space that looked and moved like a horrible, gelatinous hunk of growing and destructive Silly Putty.

I think it was Steve McQueen's first major movie. I'll still watch it, even though the title song is so bad it makes toes curl.

My goal of sewing raviolis Sunday afternoon gave way to a few minutes Sunday evening. Here is the state of my sewing room futon:
The quilt on the left is a doodle quilt I call "Window Cats." I bought a curtain rod so I can hang it on the wall behind the futon, but I'm not sure when that's going to happen.

I'm pretty sure the photo is fuzzy, but my eyes have finally given up seeing straight and I snapped one pic on the way out the door this morning.

The quilt to the right is just gifted squares sewn together.

Both of the quilts are hand pieced, and the cat quilt is hand quilted.

There were 100 ravioli ready to sew on the seat of the futon. I actually got 10 done last evening.


Today, a picture of this is hanging on my work desk as well as my sewing room door at home:
My new goal is to go right up to my sewing room whatever time I get home from work, and sew 10 raviolis. I'm hoping doing something so special when I get home, it will make a clean division between work hours and home hours. I'll let you know how it works. lol.

Aloha, and I hope you're having a great day.



6 comments:

  1. good morning, I am loving you kitty quilt that will be nice hung up to view.
    when I was working I always needed some time to unwind too-I had over an hour drive commute which helped some.
    have an awesome week! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite quilt of all of them. I'll get it hung one of these days. I even love the back. I'll probably turn it around sometime just to enjoy the back. lol

      Thank you so much for visiting.

      Hunter

      Delete
  2. Am I the only one besides you who remembers "The Blob"?! As a kitty lover, that quilt is special to me. So much handwork makes your projects traditional, I love that. Still eager to see the ravioli finish. Ten a day is painless! The days will pass regardless, might as well have it done when they do. Inspirational crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my 10 ravioli plan didn't make it last night. Just couldn't do it after a 15-hour work day. I'm going to try again tonight!

      This, too shall pass.

      Please have a good week. Send a little bit of it to me if you have enough to spare.

      Hunter

      Delete
  3. Hi! I d like to see more complete photos of your two quilts. I so admire that they are entirely hand sewed.

    Just me, but I would find the prospect of *having* to immediately sew ten [or ten thousand] ravs each night, daunting. It would make it just one more awful chore, a burden.
    I m not sure how you ll carve out personal time with a schedule like yours. When I too worked 12-15 hour days, sometimes with a three hour commute, the only time I could sew on my quilts was a brief break at the samplemakers' lunchtime half hour. Neither of the two quilts I made that way were keepers, just awful. So for years I did no crafts at all. It was freeing, in its way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you heard when I said I was going to do ravioli after work, was an attempt to find a way to clearly divide work time and home time. I think it will work when our home time returns. lol

      Talk to you soon.

      Aloha,
      Hunter

      Delete