Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The funniest thing about sewing again?

As I posted last time, the only time I spent any amount of time using a sewing machine was over (mumble...mumble...mumble) years ago.

And yet my left hand automatically keeps reaching to the back to lift the foot. I think that must have been where the lever was on the old treadle sewing machine.

All well and good, but the lever to lift the foot on my Brother is at the right of the foot underneath the machine.

(At least I hope that's what my left hand is doing. It would be scary if it's waving around for no good reason.)


Who would think muscle memory could last that long?

Aloha and I hope you're having a great day.

Hunter

7 comments:

  1. Is your left hand doing a "hula dance?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me laugh each time I've read it. I am -so- not graceful or coordinated to even dance the
      Makarena. lol.

      Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

      Happy weekend.

      Hunter

      Delete
  2. I do the same thing! It took me ages to learn where the lever is on my Brother..and one reason I don t love my Janome is that the reverse button is in a very odd spot. I keep jabbing at the empty space where the Brother's backup button is. Def muscle memory, I thought it was just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better that I'm not the only one. lol.

      Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Hugs.
      Hunter

      Delete
  3. Funny thing about muscle memory, I keep reaching for a wall switch on the wrong side of a door. It hasn't been there since 1970.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. At least you, Liz and I know we're not alone. lol.

      I hope you have a great weekend.

      Hunter

      Delete
  4. You are not alone. I use two different old machines, both set up differently, so my hand waves around all over the place!

    ReplyDelete