Saturday, April 1, 2017

Writing...


I spent many years as a technical writer/documentation manager in the Silicon Valley. I also wrote "stuff" and edited a few books for a publisher or two.

Tech writing is a sneaky way to get paid for writing. It contributed to my early retirement and 10 years in Maui without really working. Dear Husband and I call it reverse retirement. We had a lot of fun knowing that we would have to go back to work and stay in the harness until we drop.

Our reasoning? We could have 10 years of pure fun and then have other people pay us to slow down.

We've never regretted our decision for a second.

So now I write as a fun, sideline thing. Hence, I edit very rarely, as you have undoubtedly noticed if you've visited here before.

I'm moving my pen and paper writing prompts back online since I realized it would be easier to keep up. My writing blog, Hunter on Maui Writes, will be a collection of my writing prompts that I use during National Novel Writing Month or whenever I feel like writing and my brain is too tired to think.

I received a few emails from people who missed my rude prompt that posted when I was trying to add a second page to this blog and wondered what I said. It's over there.

My prompts can get very rude since I channel a muse that is crazy. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Now back to my regular posts here. Visit my other blog and comment if you're so inclined. Also, feel free to use my prompts if you like.

Aloha,

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just the same old writing prompts. Nothing important.

      Hunter

      Delete
  2. Now I get it, I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're only good for fun thinking or writing. It's fun to try to figure out what the person who wrote them was thinking and to imagine what happened before and after.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Aloha,
      Hunter

      Delete