Monday, June 12, 2017

Dear sewing machine diary...

Note to self:

- Don't go weeks between sewing sessions. It was like I was starting over from scratch.

- Never, ever, never, ever, never am I going to play with anything that involves touching one of the three dials on my machine.
It took me an incredible amount of time to get everything set again so I could do a great looking straight line.

- It's a witch of a thing when the automatic needle threader almost works. The key word being almost.

I've been trying all the tricks my personal sewing teacher (the Internet) suggested. I finally got out my tiny wired manual needle threader. It sort of works. Actually, it works better than the one on the machine.

I got so frustrated that I starting taking the needle out, threading it, and then putting it back on the machine. I do remember actually threading the needle right on the machine without even a needle threader. Now I can't actually even tell there's a hole in the needle.

There is, at least, another 5 x 5 section of ravioli done.

---
And just to show you how starved I am for making things, here's what caught my eye today. I immediately started trying to figure out what I could make with it as I was dialing my work insurance company to file a claim for a shattered 2007 Toyota Yaris back window.
And no, you don't want to know anything about the shattered back Yaris window other than new good news that no one was hurt.

I close reminding myself that:
Miss you.

Hunter



6 comments:

  1. I know well the wistful feeling of needing to create. Work for you, hand surgery and PT for me with much yet to come. We will get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now...and it's not a train. lol.

      All my silliness is going to end on Friday 6/23.

      It's a birthday week present to myself.

      I'll properly catch up to you soon. I appreciate your visit.

      Hunter

      Delete
  2. I m so happy to see a post from you!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunter...I, too, have been fighting with my sewing machine. Yesterday, I threatened to throw it on the highway. Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where Newman drives over a sewing machine with a truck?! Very glad to hear the window in vehicle did not lead to injury. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, by the way, I probably should get a stress free zone sign for the sewing room/office. Mine would probably have a skull and cross bones (just kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my sorry for all stress-hope it all ends soon-hugs

    ReplyDelete