Saturday, July 1, 2017

Five business days left...

To be honest, I'm not counting working today (Saturday) or the 4th of July. Both are optional, so I've convinced myself they don't count toward the end of this adventure.

(Delusion is sometimes a great state to experience.)

Each day, since I gave notice, has provided validation that I have made the right decision.

A sarcastic word here, an angry voice there, anger everywhere.

A pep talk to myself:
Change is hard for people and as our company changes and mutates so does the uncertainty and fear. All normal, but all very unpleasant. I stayed as long as I could to help, but it's time for me to go.

I'm collecting applications. Target. CVS (Longs). Ben Franklin Craft Store. Even Walmart.

I have told only a few of my closest friends that I'm leaving. And how I do enjoy the look on their faces when I tell them what type of job I want to do.

Actually, some of them are horrified.

From Business Manager to store clerk or courtesy clerk.

It is my dream. No desk that has paper with a million things to do. One thing off if I'm lucky during each day. Five projects added.

Never done. Always stressful.

At a store. No carryover from day-to-day. A fresh start each day. Only dealing with screaming feet (OK, maybe a whole screaming body). Rude tourists, but they pass by quickly. A cranky boss (I can deal).

Minimum wage. I didn't even know it was $9.25 per hour with a promise of $10.10 in 2018.

It means no out food unless there's a desperate need. One car so one of us takes the bus, a bike, or walks. Deciding what's absolutely critical.

And it all sounds like Heaven.

To the beach every day. Making ravioli. Reading. Writing. All those things that wait for a stolen moment here and there.

And the energy that now goes to the "business" and "other" people, being spent on Dear Husband, our relationship, and myself.

Heaven.

Wishing you happiness and a wonderful weekend.

Hunter

2 comments:

  1. it comes down to what makes your life happier--I am behind ya all the way-hugs

    ReplyDelete