Wednesday, July 12, 2017

It was an interesting interview...

The interview was a perfect example of everything I've been taught -not- to do when interviewing someone.

The woman who interviewed me had been roped into it. She was busy, distracted, and disinterested. I overheard her tell someone that she had to interview someone, but to wait for her because it would only take a couple of minutes. Actually, I got 14 minutes of her time.

It was a great exercise in holding someone's attention (whether they wanted to pay attention to you or not).

To be fair, she was one of two team leads in the grocery department...and the load had just come in this morning.

It's nice to see real life examples of what works in business and what doesn't work so well.

I'm off to look for another place to work. I'm still waiting to hear from CVS (Longs).

It may be time to start my career in the food service industry. I saw on the way home that Jack in the Box, McDonald's, Panda Express, and Taco Bell are all hiring in my neighborhood. lol.

I hope you're having a great day.

Hunter-do-you-want-fries-with-that-Me

1 comment:

  1. I really admire your courage, puting yourself out there. Good luck and hugs from me and Mo.

    PS Don't limit yourself to food or retail, what about working at a resort/ hotel [no not changing sheets, but the hospitality industry must be big employers in Maui? A friend of mine worked six months at the Four Seasons there, for example]

    ReplyDelete