Friday, July 14, 2017

What would I do without you, Lizzy.

Thanks to dearest Liz,  I am no longer unemployed.

Liz, due to your comment yesterday, I put in an online application at 10:59a for a front desk job at a small, boutique resort with 26 rooms. (They are very nice rooms that include three penthouse units.)

I got a call at 11:30a for an interview at 1:30p. It was so hot, I almost jumped into the pool while I was waiting, but I didn't think that would make a good first impression. (They may have forgiven me since it's 90F today.)

I had a new job by 2:15p.

The job is 7 minutes from my home.

I start at 7a tomorrow morning.

Aren't you the smart one, Ms. Liz.

I so appreciate all the words of encouragement and ideas that you have all shared with me.

I wish we could sit together in person for just one afternoon. Until then, here's a virtual iced tea for us to share:

You're the best.

Hunter

4 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! What a gorgeous peaceful place for you to work. It sounds delightful, intimate and you ll feel wanted and useful. Hahaha! Sometimes I have good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will so enjoy this! Meeting and helping people in a lovely environment couldn't be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!! sounds like a wonderful job-let us know how it goes-hugs

    ReplyDelete